Here are the resources our neighbors have found related to gardening, urban agriculture, and the intersection between food, community, and justice.
Free online permaculture course
Permaculture integrates land, resources, people and the environment through mutually beneficial synergies – imitating the no waste, closed loop systems seen in diverse natural systems.
- Agrarian Commons: A New Model for Community-Owned Farmland–post from AgrarianTrust
- Of Hogs and Hugels: Creating a Perennial Food Forest–post from Studio Hill Farm
- Gardens Have Pulled America Out of Some Its Darkest Times. We Need Another Revival. Article from Mother Jones
- Information on Winter Sowing, aka starting seeds in the winter
- Five Easy Ways to Support Pollinators in 2021–post from Tufts Pollinator Initiative
- How to Grow Native Flowers From Seed (Wild Seed Collective, Maine)
- How Indigenous Agricultural Practice Benefits Soil; this is just one example using the “Three Sisters” practice of growing corn, beans, and squash together
- Biden Bets the Farm on Climate; an article on Biden’s plan to make US agriculture more sustainable
- Green Dreamer Podcast
- Northeast Organic Farming Association Podcast, a podcast all about Organic farming, sustainability and food systems for everyone who cares about food, where it comes from and how it’s grown.
- Culinary Breeding Network’s Winter Vegetable Sagra, a video webinar series, with each sub-series focusing on a different winter vegetable or food family.